If the pain doesn't go away in a few days, or if it becomes hard to bear, have a spine specialist evaluate you to see if there are more serious causes. Make an appointment
- Chronic back pain more than three consecutive months.
- Sciatica or radicular pain (the pain that radiates into the hip, legs, and foot).
- A severe pain that does not improve with rest.
- Pain after an injury or a fall.
- Pain plus any of these problems.
- Trouble urinating
- Leg weakness
- Numbness in the leg, foot, or rectal area
- Nausea, vomiting, or fever
- Unexplained weight loss
*The symptoms in bold point to a serious underlying cause and immediate medical treatment is required.